Cheryl Strickland began a mission in the early 1990’s to unite professionals she called “drapery workrooms” and spread her message that sharing and learning together was the way for everyone to grow their business. She gave seminars, created a newsletter which grew into a magazine, built the Custom Home Furnishings Academy and with the explosion of the internet in the early 2000’s, created an online community once know by all as “The Forum.” Today that forum is called the Drapery & Design Network.
Cheryl sold her company to Margie Nance in 2005 and although the Academy was sold again in 2012, Margie continues ownership of the D&D Network where members value the history, learn from the education and connect with other professionals on the Network.
What is the Drapery & Design PROFESSIONAL Network?
- The #1 learning resource for over 15 years for the custom home decor sewing and services professional.
- Twenty two forums on topics that will build your knowledge and career and includes unlimited search capabilities.
- Everything you need to know about sewing and selling window treatments, pillows, bedding, slipcovers and upholstery. You’ll also find topics on installation, decorating, business, pricing and so much more.
- Over half a million tips, tricks, techniques , questions, answers and recommendations from professionals all over the world. Members use our site as a personal reference library throughout their workday
- A complete library of the Drapery & Design Magazine. Every issue from 1993 – 2014.
- Webinar library with 24 recorded presentations from industry professionals and a new webinar added every month.
- A place to ask questions, solve problems and research ways to make your job easier.
- A private Facebook group that notifies you on your newsfeed when new topics and updates are posted on the Network.